FDC & Associates Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FDC & Associates Community Forum

Linking our Engineers and Architects to Our Clients for exceptional customer service! Call us today at (909) 881-6542

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  FDC Corporation Link  

Land Surveying Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jackdons

Land Surveying Question Empty
PostSubject: Land Surveying Question   Land Surveying Question EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 11:29 am

Not sure if this is exactly a "surveying" question, but maybe you can point me in the right direction:
We're having trouble with a landscaper, and (among other issues) he charged us for laying 16,000 square feet of sod and I don't believe there is more than about 12,000 square feet of sod out there Could we pay a surveyor to come and take measurements, etc, and tell us how many square feet there are in our yard? It's got some odd-shaped sections, so he'd have to do a little math, and I'm not sure that's the kind of thing a surveyor does(And if it's not, then who does that sort of thing?)
Any info, advice you can offer is greatly appreciated
Warm regards,
jack donsen
Back to top Go down
nickhernandez

Land Surveying Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Surveying Question   Land Surveying Question EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 11:31 am

Hello jack,

This is something a land surveyor could do It would be considered somewhat of an "as-built" survey We as surveyors definitely do use alot of math on a daily basis In fact, the task you are in need of would be rather simple
However, I think it would end up costing you more in the long run to hire the surveyor than the difference of cost between 12,000 and 16,000 square feet of sod Plus I think that the accuracy of our work is well over and above what you need
In my opinion, your best bet would be to find a friend or family member that is good with general math and geometry Depending on how complex the area of sod is, you may be able to simply take some measurements and calculate the square footage by developing a series of rectangles and triangles across your new lawn

If you don't know anyone with those skills, give us a call and we will help you with your problem

909-881-6542
FDC Staff
Back to top Go down

Land Surveying Question
Page 1 of 1